Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Uff dah! Ja, Vi er i Norge !


Velkommen til Norge!
Norwegians took cuts in front of us in line at the airport!
The View from our room.
Our Suite looking over the Bergen Harbor

The flight was perfect... despite the fact that it was -4 c in Prague, airports had been closing all over Europe, and we were flying Norwegian Airlines. Everything is beautiful! The sky is bluer, the clouds are whiter, the air is sweeter... I am in tears and finally "home". Thank you to my husband for bringing me here!! -Karen
(P.S from Karen... I just heard a Dandy Warhols song on Norwegian TV!)

My Norski wife is one Happy Girl!!

We had a wonderful stay in Prague! We packed up our stuff, ordered up a car to the airport and went down to the hotel bar for a coffee and a "whatever" for me. All was well. The car and driver were excellent and there were no adventures and all was right with the world. The Prague airport was quiet and very nice. We hiked around a bit looking for a check-in for "Norwegian Air" expecting to find some young blonde girl with an oxygen tank, but "vat doo ja know, dere dey ver".

The flight was lovely, the Norwegian stewardesses knew the important English words, "vodka and ice." We got off in Bergen, Norway's border protection being a series of duty free stores. I tried to find a place to get or exchange money, but all of the exchange offices were closed, the two ATMs were "out of service" and the currency exchange machine had a paper sign on it which said "Ustand!" - didn't look good to me. The taxi driver, however, responded to the Universal Word, "Visa?"

Even in Bergen, Norway, it should be noted that the taxi driver was not a local boy. I think he hailed from somewhere in Southern Norway, somewhere on the Mediterranean. He was a great driver and knew the town. Perhaps I'll feel different when I find out what a Norwegian Kroner is worth, but right now, I feel good.

Our hotel is right on the water, we're settling in and life is good.

-The Barnums in Norway!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ノルウェーにとどまるにどう

Anonymous said...

In Bergen, there are a bunch of hotels with a view of the harbor and three in particular look very nice. The Hotel Admiral, the Clarion Havnekontoret and the SAS Radisson. They are close to everything with beautiful views.